We give our students a strong foundation, a level of comfort and flexibility, and the knowledge that they can use these tools to express themselves. We give them structure and the basics, and then we give them the freedom to go beyond.
- Elaine Wrenn, Director of Technology & Director of Curriculum
We think outside the box and so do our students
At Echo Horizon School, we value character education as highly as we do academic rigor. We believe that the education, care, and nurturing of the elementary age child is best accomplished in our PreK-6 grade setting. Nationally recognized for our ability to leverage technology that optimizes and creates multi-dimensional learning, Echo Horizon’s teaching emphasizes character education to facilitate social and emotional growth, critical thinking, autonomy, resilience, and social responsibility.Our pedagogical approach underscores Echo Horizon’s dedication to ongoing research and the utilization of evidence-based teaching practices to inform curricular decisions. In the classroom, we provide our students with opportunities and guidance to make productive choices and decisions.In this environment, our students acquire 21st century skills to be effective collaborators, problem solvers, and innovators utilizing cutting-edge technologies. With these tools, our graduates are sought after by secondary schools not only for their academic readiness, but also for their love of learning, values and principles, technical fluency, and global awareness. Echo Horizon alumni are prepared for life-long learning and thrive in a myriad of academic and social environments in secondary school, college, and beyond.
- Mutual Respect
- Self Reliance
- The Best Educational Practices
Echo Horizon School is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Students will develop the academic tools, social skills, and moral integrity needed to be successful in the next phase of education
- Students will integrate themselves successfully, making contributions to a diverse society, while maintaining individuality and respect for others
- Students will generate a variety of solutions and approaches to situations requiring thoughtful and creative problem solving
- Students will develop the skills and positive attitude for engaging in learning as a life-long process
- Mutual Respect