Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Goals
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is composed of about 15 members of our community, and includes staff, faculty, administrators, and parents. Our diverse and passionate group meets on a monthly basis to discuss all things DEI. Our goals are to:
- PROMOTE and CELEBRATE diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism through a variety of mechanisms including school-wide social gatherings, cultural events, workshops, staff/parent trainings and community conversations.
- PROVIDE all members of the community with a supportive space and the tools to learn about, discuss and ask questions about issues and topics related to diversity and identity.
- FACILITATE communication between all members of our community through discussions of questions and issues and also through the search for a consensus when it comes to our community values and intentions.
- COLLABORATE with our faculty, staff and parents in the ongoing pursuit of evolving and growing an inclusive and diverse school environment.
- CREATE accountability for the implementation of our diversity and inclusivity goals.
- SERVE as a liaison between our parents and the greater Echo Horizon Community.
Assistant Head of School;
Director of Counseling, Community Engagement, Equity, and Inclusion
Spanish Language & Cultures Teacher;