2018–2019 Speakers and Events
- Building Cultural Awareness and Empathy: Growing Through Self-Reflection, led by Dr. Donald E. Grant, Jr., executive director of Mindful Training Solutions, associate dean of Pacific Oaks College in Pasadena, and Board of Trustees member for the Oaks School, where he chairs the Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice Committee. Donald is a regular contributor to Access Hollywood for issues around mental health and parenting. His work has also been featured in Ebony magazine, The Good Men Project, and Young Black Experience.
- Professional Development workshop with Dr. Donald E. Grant, Jr., on issues of identity, inter-generational experiences, and the ways that stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination affect people.
- Fathers' Night hosted by Roger Bridges, Assistant Head of School; Director of Counseling, Community Engagement, Equity, and Inclusion at Echo Horizon School. The two Fathers' Night events that Roger hosts are a time for dads to come together and talk about parenting and other issues.
- Monthly Community Conversation events hosted by Peggy Procter and Roger Bridges for our Echo Horizon community members. These events are related to a variety of topics, including the traits of an Echo Horizon graduate, how to parent in difficult times, and more.
- Attendance at the People of Color Conference (POCC) in Nashville, TN. Teachers and administrators from Echo Horizon went to this important conference, whose theme was Equitable Schools and Inclusive Communities: Harmony, Discord, and the Notes In-Between.