Spotlight on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
An example of Echo Horizon School's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is showcased through events and professional development opportunities we have hosted and attended this year. Some events include:
- Professional Development with full faculty and staff and Parent Workshop led by Monique Marshall - 5th Grade Teacher at Wildwood Elementary School, Co-Advisor of the K-5 Student Diversity Group at Wildwood, Co-Chair of the Parent Diversity Group at Wildwood, and a Wildwood Parent
- Professional Development workshop with Elizabeth Denevi - Associate Director of the Eastern Educational Resource Collaborative (East Ed), a non-profit agency working nationally with schools to increase equity, promote diversity pedagogy, and implement strategic processes for growth and development.
- Father's Night hosted by Roger Bridges - Assistant Head of School, Director of Counseling, Community Engagement, and Inclusivity at Echo Horizon School
- Monthly Community Conversation Events hosted by Peggy Procter and Roger Bridges for our Echo Horizon community members. These events are related to a variety of topics including family storytelling, updates from the Leadership Team about school happenings and communications, and more.
- Attendance at the People of Color Conference (POCC) in Anaheim. Echo Horizon School three teachers and three administrators to this 3 day conference to explore Voices for Equity and Justice Now and in Every Generation: Lead, Learn, Rededicate, and Deliver.