2017–2018 Speakers and Events
- Parenting in a Diverse World, led by Monique Marshall, elementary school teacher and the founding member and board member of Southern California, People of Color in Independent Schools (SoCalPOCSIS). Monique led both parent workshops and professional development for Echo Horizon's faculty and staff. She focused on age-appropriate learning opportunities for students around multicultural themes and support for young students' conversations about race, class, gender, and other social issues.
- Professional Development workshop with Elizabeth Denevi, Associate Director of the Eastern Educational Resource Collaborative (East Ed), a non-profit agency working nationally with schools to increase equity, promote diversity pedagogy, and implement strategic processes for growth and development.
- Father's Night hosted by Roger Bridges, Assistant Head of School; Director of Counseling, Community Engagement, Equity, and Inclusion at Echo Horizon School. The two Father's Night events that Roger hosts are a time for dads to come together and talk about parenting and other issues.
- Monthly Community Conversation events hosted by Peggy Procter and Roger Bridges for our Echo Horizon community members. These events were related to a variety of topics, including family storytelling, updates from the Leadership Team about school happenings, and more.
- Attendance at the People of Color Conference (POCC) in Anaheim. Teachers and administrators from Echo Horizon went to this important conference, whose theme was Voices for Equity and Justice Now and in Every Generation: Lead, Learn, Rededicate, and Deliver.