Pre-Kindergarten Room Parent News
Friday, May 15, 2015
Posted by Norma Ramirez-Lopez on 5/15/2015
Here's the scoop on the happenings at Echo Horizon...
Wed 5/20 - Spring Open House (6pm-7pm)
Fri 5/22 - NOON DISMISSAL
Mon 5/25 - NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
Tues 5/19 - Pre-K field trip
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon 5/27 - Volunteers Needed
- Help celebrate with wonderful teachers and staff and Echo Horizon!
- Volunteer spots are still available to assist with the hospitality portion of the Parent Association event, honoring the wonderful teachers and staff of EHS that tirelessly educate, embrace and otherwise enhance our children's lives everyday.
- Volunteering just requires the ability to help with set-up, service and/or clean-up during the morning and/or early afternoon of 5/27, the day of the event. If you are interested, please email Liz Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Body Talk Presentation - Wed 5/27
- May be of special interest to 5th and 6th grade parents
- St. Matthew’s is hosting a presentation called “Body Talk: Kids, Self-Image, and the Media” with Jim Steyer, CEO of Common Sense Media, and Jennifer Siebel Newsom, writer/director/producer of Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In.
- Click here for informational flier
- The event will take place on Wednesday, May 27 at 6:30 pm in St. Matthew's Sprague Auditorium, off the main parking lot.
- A large crowd is expected and seating limited, so please click here to RSVP.
Used Book Sale
- Books are still greatly needed for the Used Book Sale.
Please help by donating any books you may be thinking of discarding. All books may be dropped off at the library.
The Used Book Sale will take place June 2, 3, and 4.
Author Event - June 20
- 'Drawn Together' unites storytellers from around the country to support LA School Libraries
- Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), Dav Pilkey (Captain Underpants), Lincoln Peirce (Big Nate), and Stephen Pastis (Timmy Failure and Pearls Before Swine) will be the featured guests
- During event, authors will discuss writing, drawing, and the creative process, and be available afterwards to meet
- Saturday, June 20 at Disney Concert Hall
- For more information and to buy tickets, see attached flyer
Spring Affaire Auction Items pick up
- If you have not yet retrieved your items from either the event or the online auction, please contact Betsy Berenson at email@example.com asap to arrange payment and/or pick up.
- Echo Horizon School
- Pre-K Room Parent News